Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Longing for the Splendor of the Sea

A couple of a quarter long ago,
I stood on the edge of a seawall,
Watching the flood tide come in ones or two,
Errands I hurriedly was sent to make
Were momentarily forgot, I know
My folks' ire on what I fail to undertake.

Can we censure a child's wonder and awe
Over nature's free and uncostly display?
Tridimensionedmusic isalways new,
Whispering breezes and waveletson play
Akin to wine glasses that overflow
Making hitnpirouette,dancea d sway.

To an instant after quickly disrobing,
He splashed into thecrystal blue waters,
The sea has bestowed on him a total embracing
The underwater had fair happy weather,
Into its bosom a warm welcoming,
The idylic and panoramic fair.

Now I sit on a cement shouldering
Of a bnoulevard replacing the seawall,
The reminiscence still lingering
Heightened by the murky seawater wall;
In the East the sun sits mournly dying,
Ember of my cigarette dying with the sea.

Pat Q. Makabenta
Davao City

No comments: